Family Medicine Residency Program
The Family Medicine Residency program at Community Healthcare Network is an innovative 3-year program offering aspiring family physicians the opportunity to learn from and alongside a mission driven medical team serving the under-resourced communities across New York City. In 2023-2024, we are accepting six postgraduate year one (PGY-1) incoming residents. If a visa is needed, we sponsor J-1 visas only.
Start date: 07/01/2024
Faculty and Staff
- Our experienced staff strives to train the next generation of superlative primary care physicians who understand how social determinants of health contribute to the development of disease and health inequities.
- Our team is committed to providing high quality, affordable healthcare for all patients by reducing chronic disease disparities among minorities and people of color. CHN also has a fully integrated Behavioral Health Program, which will provide residents with a patient support system and which conducts regular team activities to build a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce.
DIO: Daniel Napolitano, M.D.
Program Director: Sindhura Manubolu, M.D.
Program Administrator: Yuliana Perez
Director of Primary Care: Kelly Horn, D.O.
Staff Physician: Connor Carmichael, M.D.
Medical Director: Rebecca Lee, M.D.
Partners and Training Site
Community Healthcare Network - Long Island City Center
- CHN’s Long Island City Center will be the primary family medicine practice site for residents.
- The clinic was awarded PCMH recognition by the National Commission on Quality Assurance.
- CHN has been accredited by the Joint Commission since 2007, a symbol of quality that reflects the organization’s commitment to meeting performance standard. CHN was surveyed and re-accredited in 2023.
- Address: 36-11 21st Street, Long Island City, NY 11106
- The residency is partnering with the Mount Sinai Health System, the largest integrated health care system in New York City. Innovating across hospitals and specialties, Mount Sinai will provide our residents excellent training opportunities.
- At Mount Sinai Queens, residents will spend time rotating through several inpatient specialties including the ICU, Adult Inpatient, Radiology, Cardiology, and others.
- Address: 25-10 30th Avenue, Astoria, NY 11102
Elmhurst and Queens Hospitals
- In addition to our partnership with Mount Sinai, we will expand community-based training through NYC Health + Hospitals/ Elmhurst and Queens Hospitals. Making up the safety net of New York City’s health care system, our residents will have the opportunity to work side by side with practitioners treating their communities at NYC H+H.
- At Elmhurst and Queens Hospitals, our residents will expand their work in inpatient pediatric care, the Pediatric ER, and in Labor and Delivery.
Applications for the 2023-2024 academic year are being accepted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS), for six incoming PGY1 residents. Our institution is engaged in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP), and we are offering the choice of in-person or virtual interviews. We also provide, as needed, J-1 visa sponsorship.
CHN’s Family Medicine Residency Program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME).
Accreditation ID : 1203500004
Applicants should submit a completed ERAS application that must include:
- USMLE or COMLEX transcript (Part 1 and Part 2 are required)
- Medical School diploma
- Academic records
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Personal Statement
For international graduates only:
- Education Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates Certificate (ECFMG).
- We provide sponsorship for J-1 visas to International Medical Graduates (IMGs) who successfully complete all application components by December 31st.