Community Healthcare Network (CHN) and Institute of Community Living (ICL) has come together to create a food pantry for community residents to receive groceries for free. Participants can choose the foods they want instead of receiving something pre-bagged where it may have items that they cannot eat or do not like to eat.
Our food pantry is open to the public every Wednesday from 10:00am – 1:00pm at 2581 Atlantic Avenue Brooklyn, NY 11207 on the first-floor cafeteria.
How to visit the food pantry
- Please wear a face mask that covers your nose and mouth. If you don’t have one, the front desk staff can give you a mask for free.
- Take your temperature when you enter the building.
If our food pantry hours don’t work for you, there are other food pantries you can go to. To search for food pantries, use the plentiful app or Food Bank’s website: www.foodbanknyc.org/get-help/
How to get to the food pantry
- J/Z train to Alabama Avenue,
- C train to Liberty Avenue,
- L train to Atlantic Avenue
- B20 to Fulton St/Alabama Ave
- B12/B25 to Alabama Avenue/Fulton Street
How you can help
If you would like to volunteer at our food pantry, provide us with any funding, or have any questions about our food pantry, please email David Chen at [email protected] or call us at 212-545-6242.
We are also looking for re-usable bag donations. If you have any clean reusable bags that are large enough to fit at least a cereal box, we will gladly accept them. Please bring it to the front desk anytime between 9AM to 4:30PM.