Travel is full of joys and excitement. It can also be hard when things don’t go as planned. Use these tips to help you stay in the moment and enjoy your adventure!
- Pack less. Take less stuff with you. You will spend less time choosing what to wear. Plus repacking will be faster when it’s time to go home. It will also give you more space for keepsakes.
- Wake up early. You will miss crowds and have more time to explore new places. Try to enjoy exploring rather than feeling rushed.
- Keep a travel journal. Write down your favorite moments. Think about what you saw, smelled, heard, tasted, and felt to help when you look back on your trip.
- Try new things. Talk to new people. Try new foods! The more new things you try, the more you will get to know the place you are visiting. This will help you feel at home in a new place. Try to visit local sites, relax, and enjoy local food.
- Laugh. Enjoy yourself and the place you are visiting. Being a tourist means you may get lost or do something silly. Enjoy the mishaps with laughter instead of worrying.