Alison Martin, MSN, FNP-BC
Family Nurse Practitioner
Alison Martin, DNP, FNP-BC is a board certified Family Nurse Practitioner treating patients at our Phoenix School Based Health Center in Washington Heights. She speaks English and Spanish.
Alison is dedicated to keeping adolescents healthy so they can take advantage of educational opportunities.
Dr Martin completed a Bachelor of Arts degree in English at Trinity College and an Associates degree in Nursing at Norwalk Community College. She completed her Doctorate in Nursing at Quinnipiac University. She graduated from the CHN NP Fellowship Program.
She has previously worked at AmeriCares providing care to immigrants and the underinsured.
CPHA 2015 Conference: Decreasing HIV/STD Risk Behaviors in Adolescent Latinos: Family Effect
Alison can help you with:
- Yearly exams
- Pediatrics (care for babies, children, and teens)
- Treatment of general health problems
- Pap smears (test for cervical cancer)
- STI (infections you can get from sex) testing and treatment
- Birth control
- Reproductive health care
- Health Screenings (tests that look for health problems before you have signs)
- Care for long term health problems like diabetes, high blood pressure, asthma, and obesity
- Referrals for special doctors