Use these tips to start your day off right.
- Be still for five minutes. Before getting out of bed breathe deeply and be calm. This will help you get your thoughts together to take on your day!
- Drink a glass of water. Keep a glass of water by your bed. Drink the whole glass when you wake up. Your mind and body need lots of water to become alert.
- Smile!When you wake up, give the world a big smile. Your mind and body are linked. When you smile, your body sends a message to your mind that you are happy.
- Stay away from screens. Get ready for your day before you check emails, social media, or the news. This will help you to leave your house on time.
- Eat a smart breakfast. Eat foods high in protein and fiber in the morning to make you feel awake and alert. This will also keep you full until your next meal.
- Connect with someone. Tell a loved one how great they look or send a happy message to a friend. Making others feel good will help you start your day on a good note.
To learn more about wellness contact the Wellness Department at Community Healthcare Network at (212) 432-8494 or [email protected]