Maria Pizzirusso, DNP, MPH, FNP-BC
Family Nurse Practitioner
Maria Pizzirusso, DNP, MPH, FNP-BC is a board-certified Family Nurse Practitioner. She treats patients at our Washington Heights Health Center in Manhattan. Maria earned both her Master of Science in Nursing and Doctor of Nursing Practice from the Columbia University School of Nursing. Prior to this, she earned a Master of Public Health from the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, where her primary focus was on health promotion and disease prevention.
New patients, please call 866-246-8259 to make an appointment.
Maria can help you with:
- Yearly exams
- Pediatrics (care for babies, children, and teens)
- Treatment of general health problems
- Pap smears (test for cervical cancer)
- STI (infections you can get from sex) testing and treatment
- Birth control, including IUDs and Nexplanon (long-term birth control)
- Health Screenings (tests that look for health problems before you have signs)
- Care for long term health problems like diabetes, high blood pressure, asthma, and obesity
- Headache/migraine, nerve pain, back/neck pain, memory problems, long COVID
- Referrals for special doctors