- Chronic (long-term) disease management such as high blood pressure, diabetes, HIV, asthma
- Refills on medicines and medical supplies
- Reviewing your lab/imaging results and reports from other doctors
- Diagnosis, treatment and follow-up care for recent illness and acute (short-term) illness or mild injury
- COVID-19 phone screening, help with managing symptoms at home, or referral to emergency department
- Preventive care counseling
- Healthcare for your child and parenting advice
- Reproductive and sexual health advice and concerns
- Birth Control and Family Planning counseling
- Steps for starting PEP/PreP in a timely manner
- Mental health therapy and psychiatric care
- Suboxone services
- Advice for foot problems and dental problems
- Setting up in-person visits to be done at one of our centers when needed
- Scheduling future vaccines (shots) and lab work to be done at one of our centers
- Ordering future referrals for preventive services like mammogram and colonoscopy
Call 866-246-8259 to plan a telehealth visit.
*Sometimes during the telehealth visit the doctor or nurse practitioner will decide that the patient needs to come to the office for a vaccine or other injection, or a hands-on physical exam. They may also request lab work. You can find the closest lab to you via the links below:
**Telehealth can also help determine whether a patient should stay at home or if they need a higher level of care such as urgent care or emergency services.
***Telehealth can be done with a translation service free of charge to the patient in a number of languages.
For more information, visit our FAQs page.