Jia Huang, MSN, FNP-C
Family Nurse Practitioner
Jia Huang is a board certified Family Nurse Practitioner. She treats patients at our CHN South Bronx. Jia is fluent in Cantonese and Mandarin.
Jia Huang, FNP, RN, is a recent graduate of Yale University’s Family Nurse Practitioner program. She is a National Health Service Corps scholar and a member of the Sigma Theta Tau Nursing Honor society. During her graduate education, she conducted fall prevention research at Yale’s Emergency Department. Prior to entering the field of nursing, Jia served as a health outreach worker in Oakland and a dermatology medical assistant in San Francisco.
She has a special interest in investigating provider burnout and strategies to alleviate this growing concern.Book an Appointment
Jia can help you with:
- Yearly exams
- Pediatrics (care for babies, children, and teens)
- Treatment of general health problems
- Pap smears (test for cervical cancer)
- STI (infections you can get from sex) testing and treatment
- Birth control
- Reproductive health care
- Health Screenings (tests that look for health problems before you have signs)
- Care for long term health problems like diabetes, high blood pressure, asthma, and obesity
- Referrals for special doctors