Ellen Hollander-Sande, FNP
Family Nurse Practitioner
Ellen Hollander-Sande is a board-certified Family Nurse Practitioner. She treats patients at our Lower East Side Health Center, Seward Park School Based Health Center, and South Bronx Health Center. She is fluent in English.
Ellen completed her Master’s degree in Family Practice Primary NYU Rory Meyers College of Nursing and her Doctorate in Nursing Practice in August 2022.
As a family practice provider, Ellen works with patients and families to improve their health and well-being by finding treatment plans that are manageable and consistent with their priorities, lifestyle, and family culture. In addition to being a Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP), Ellen is a Certified Lactation Counselor (CLC) and greatly enjoys supporting breastfeeding families. Ellen was named Distinguished Master’s Student of the FNP program at NYU, where she is now completing her Doctorate in Nursing Practice. Past projects have included interventions to increase HPV vaccination rates, the impact of gender-affirming care on the mental health of transgender adolescents, and “Identifying Best-Practice for Increasing Breastfeeding Initiation Rates Among Adolescent Mothers,” which was published as a featured paper by Attachment Parenting International. Currently, Ellen teaches pediatrics in the FNP program at NYU, where she is also implementing an educational module on pediatric telehealth.
New patients, please call 866-246-8259 to make an appointment.
Ellen can help you with:
- Yearly exams
- Pediatrics (care for babies, children, and teens)
- Treatment of general health problems
- Pap smears (test for cervical cancer)
- STI (infections you can get from sex) testing and treatment
- Birth control, including Nexplanon (long-term birth control
- Reproductive healthcare
- Health Screenings (tests that look for health problems before you have signs)
- Care for long term health problems like diabetes, high blood pressure, asthma, and obesity
- Referrals to other doctors
- Breastfeeding Counseling