The 15thAnnual More Than Just Sex Conference will be held at St. Francis College on May 18, 2019. This year’s theme is “Music & Media.” We are excited to announce our call for workshop proposals!
Teens PACT’s mission centers the voices and needs of young people through sexuality education by fostering an environment of empowerment, visibility, and validation.
We invite anyone who is interested to submit a proposal to facilitate a workshop. We especially welcome interactive workshops that are youth-focused and/or youth-led.In accordance with our 2019 theme, we are also excited to highlight workshops that incorporate music and/or media. Workshops that allow participants to learn and/or practice concrete skills are highly encouraged.
The overall goal of Teens PACT and our MTJS Conference is to foster authentic conversations about sex, building on the knowledge of the youth in our communities. Media and mass communication sit at the core of young people’s expression of identity, sexuality, and connection. From content creation and media production to digital literacy and performance, we aim to introduce this year’s conference participants to the music and media landscape.
Details and Expectations:
- Workshop sessions are 60-minute time blocks.
- Proposals are due by 11:59pm on April 15, 2019.
- Notifications of accepted workshops will be announced by the end of the day on April 22, 2019.
- Presenters and facilitators are expected to provide their own transportation, if needed.
- If selected to participate in this conference, facilitators will be asked to submit a headshot to be used to promote both the conference and their workshop.
- If selected to participate in this conference, facilitators must notify conference organizers as soon as possible if they need to cancel.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Chanta Simon at 212-360-5952, or via e-mail at [email protected] We look forward to reading your submissions!