At CHN, you and your family can get primary health care by a team of doctors, nurse practitioners, and midwives.
We’re committed to
making everyone feel
You can trust that when you come to one of our centers you will be
treated with respect.
We will take your health concerns seriously and keep your information private. There are many services at CHN just for young adults. It’s your right to get private sexual health care — without your parents’ permission and at a low cost to you.
If you need other health care services, like general checkup or a physical for sports, you will need your parent or guardian’s permission if you are under the age of 18.
What type of health care
can I get at CHN?
Teens can get these services:
- STI (sexually transmitted infection) counseling, testing and treatment
- Plan B (emergency contraception)
- HIV counseling and testing
- Birth control
- Male exams
- Female exams including Pap test (for patients over 21), pelvic exam, and breast exam
- Pregnancy testing and options counseling
- Care during (prenatal care) and after pregnancy
We understand what concerns
you may have when it comes to
Come see us if:
- You started having sex (oral, vaginal, or anal)
- You or your sex partner have any itching, burning, discharge, rashes, or any other changes ”down there”
- You have a new sex partner, even if you’ve been tested for any STIs (including HIV) in the past
- You have had unprotected sex (including if your condom broke or you forgot to take/use birth control)
- If you have any questions about sexual and reproductive health at all
It is important to get tested for STIs even if you feel fine,
don’t have any signs of infection, or your partner says
he/she was tested.
We know this stuff is confusing! If you have any questions at
all at any time, you can ask a health educator at [email protected].
We’ll get back to you with answers and more information.
Privacy and Cost
If you have your Medicaid card,
bring it in for your visit and tell our
staff that you don’t want your parents
to know about your visits.
If you don’t have Medicaid,
we may be able to sign you up for
the Family Planning Benefit
FPBP is a free health insurance plan for New Yorkers who need sexual health services. Even if you are not able to sign up for FPBP, we may still be able to see you at no cost.
When you come for an appointment, we have staff ready to help you and to make it easy.
A photo ID
Bring one official picture ID card, like a driver’s license, passport or work ID.
Proof of address
Bring one phone bill, cable bill or utility bill
Proof of income
Bring one pay stub, bank record, or a letter from your employer. We may use this to help you get health insurance and figure out a payment plan that works for you.
Past health records
Bring any papers about your health, like shot, vaccine records, hospital papers, lab tests, or information about past surgery or treatments.
Your medicines or a list of your medicines
Bring all of your medicines in their original bottles. Also bring any vitamins, herbs, supplements, or other over the counter medicines you take. If you can’t bring in your medicines, bring a list of medicines you take.