New Year, New Label
By CHN Nutritionist: Rachel Larkey, RD, CDN, CLC
This year, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has changed the label that you see on the back of food packages. This label can help you find out what is in your food. Check out the changes below!
This month’s Recipe: Cauliflower and Chickpea Curry
(Makes 4 serving) Adapted from Minimalist Baker
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 shallot, minced
3 gloves garlic, minced
2-3 tablespoons fresh ginger root, minced
2-3 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 tablespoon maple syrup
2 tablespoons soy sauce
15 ounces light coconut milk
1 head cauliflower, separated into florets
15 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add shallots, garlic, and ginger and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the curry paste and stir another minute.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.