Relaxing at the end of your day and getting a good night’s sleep are important for both your body and your mind. While you sleep, your body works to repair blood vessels, support your immune system, and help your memory so you can feel your best.
Sometimes pain, health problems, medicines, anxiety, and lifestyle choices can make it hard to fall or stay asleep. Thankfully there are some tools to help you relax and get a more restful night’s sleep. Lavender is one of these tools. It can lower anxiety, boost your mood, and help you relax by lowering your heart rate. Smelling lavender before and while you sleep can even make you feel more rested and alert when you wake up!
Try this easy and fun way to make your own lavender pillow to help you sleep!
What you need:
- A thin sock, the foot of pantyhose, or a small fabric bag
- Dried lavender flowers (buy online here)
- For a stronger lavender scent, add drops of lavender essential oil (buy online here)
To make your Lavender pillow:
- Fill your sock or bag with dried lavender about ¾ of the way full.
- For a stronger scent, add 2-3 drops of lavender essential oil to the dried lavender.
- Use the ribbon to tie the sock or bag shut.
- Cut off the top of the sock or bag 1 ½ inches above the tied ribbon.
You can also add chia seeds to the bag. This will give it a nice weight and texture. Place your lavender sock or bag under your pillow. Enjoy a relaxing and restful night’s sleep!
You can even place one in your closet to give your clothes a fresh scent. Make a bag for yourself or a few to give as gifts!