August 27, 2019
When you feel hungry, it’s easy to crave unhealthy snacks. But, there are better ways to snack! Try these yummy and healthy choices:
- Mix plain non-fat Greek yogurt with an herb like parsley or dill. You can use this as a dip for sliced carrots, broccoli, zucchini, and tomatoes.
- Spread peanut butter on some apple slices. This classic school snack is just as great as when you were 6!
- Make your own trail mix. Try mixing unsalted sunflower seeds, almonds, peanuts, dried apricots, dried cranberries, and whole grain cereal.
- Craving something sweet? Mix low-fat yogurt, berries, and whole-grain granola to make a healthy fruit parfait.
- Popcorn can be very healthy without the butter and salt. Jazz up unflavored popcorn with shredded parmesan cheese and your favorite spice.
- Make a smoothie with non-fat yogurt, frozen fruit, and fresh spinach. Mix it in your blender. Put it in a jar and take it on the go!