How to practice positive thinking
It takes time and practice to think positively. Thinking positively can lead to confidence, better health, inner peace, and a happier you.
Practice positive thinking with these tips:
- Be aware of your thoughts or the voice inside of your head. This will give you the chance to rethink what is going on in your mind. You will be able to face situations in a more positive way.
- Focus on gratitude. Take time each day to be thankful for all that is good in your life. Think about friends and family who love you. Think about your successes, good memories from the past, or simply the feeling of sitting outside in the warm sun.
- Talk positively to yourself. Become your own best friend. Speak kindly to yourself and be supportive—just as you would to a friend.
- Stay focused on the positive. Don’t dwell on problems and disappointments. Be encouraging. Offer positive words to others.
- Laugh often. Spend time doing fun and lighthearted activities.
- Have a healthy lifestyle. Be active 3 times a week for 20 minutes each to boost your mood! Eat more fruits and vegetables, drink more water, and eat whole grains like whole wheat pasta and brown rice.
- Hang around positive people. Surround yourself with people who support you. Stay away from people who put you down.