Low-cost Wellness Services
Use this resource to learn about low-cost and free exercise services.
- NYC YMCA. Cost per month depends on location and type of membership. Classes offered, pools at select locations. Financial assistance is available for some who qualify.
- Lucille Roberts. Prices range from $17-$26 per month depending on location. Classes offered. Locations in Manhattan, Bronx, Brooklyn, and Queens. Women only.
- Yoga to the People. Classes are donation based, all levels available. Suggested donation is $10 per class. But you can pay what you can afford. Locations in Manhattan and Brooklyn.
- Retro Fitness. Prices start at $19.99 per month. Classes offered at all locations, child sitting available at select locations for small extra fee per month. Locations in Manhattan, Bronx, Brooklyn, and Queens.
- Planet Fitness. Gym membership starts at $10 per month. Classes offered with limited openings. Locations in Manhattan, Bronx, Brooklyn, and Queens.
- Blink. Gym membership starts at $15 per month. Small, group training available. Locations in Manhattan, Bronx, Brooklyn, and Queens.
- NYC Parks and Recreation Centers. Annual fees range from $25-$150 depending on age. Free for anyone under 18. Fitness classes offered, pools at some locations. 33 locations in Manhattan, Bronx, Brooklyn, Staten Island, and Queens.
- Shape Up NYC and BeFitNYC. Free exercise classes all over the city.
- Jack Rabbit runs. Jack Rabbit is a running store. The store offers free guided runs each week in Queens, Manhattan, and Brooklyn. All paces are welcome!
- Citi Bike. Sign up for a year and pay $5 per month for an unlimited number of rides in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, and Jersey City. You must be a NYC Housing Authority (NYCHA) resident.
For questions about wellness, contact (212) 432-8494 or [email protected]