Clean Your House the Natural Way
Many cleaning products have strong chemicals that can be bad for our health. Instead, clean with natural products that are better for your health. The next time you clean, try these easy blends for your home:
Bathtub and shower tiles:
- Wipe down your tub and tiles with white vinegar.
- Sprinkle baking soda on your tub and tiles. Bubbles will start to form.
- After 20 minutes, scrub with a wet sponge. For tougher stains, scrub with a toothbrush or scrub brush.
- Rinse your tub and tiles with water.
- Pour half a cup of white vinegar into the soap slot of your dishwasher.
- Run your dishwasher with no dishes.
- Mix 1 cup of white vinegar and 1 cup of water. Pour the mix into the water chamber of your coffee machine.
- Turn on your coffee machine to brew but don’t put coffee in it.
- Turn off your coffee machine half way through the cycle. Let it sit for 1 hour.
- Turn your coffee machine back on and let it finish.
- Run your coffee machine 3 more times with just water to wash out the vinegar.
Pots and pans:
- Mix 2 tablespoons of sea salt with the juice of 1 lemon to make a scrub.
- Rub the scrub onto your pots and pans. Let them sit for 15 minutes.
- Rinse off the scrub with warm water.
- In a spray bottle, mix 1 cup of rubbing alcohol, 1 cup of water, and 1 tablespoon of white vinegar.
- Spray on counter tops. Wipe with a towel to get rid of germs.