Accolades and Awards
At Community Healthcare Network, we continuously strive for excellence in patient care. Here’s a glance at the work we’ve been doing to improve primary healthcare in New City.
- As of 2014, all 11 CHN health centers have received DRP recognition from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) for their high-level of diabetes care.
- CHN received the Joint Commission Accreditation Award in 2014 to recognize our dedication to complying with the Joint Commission’s state-of-the-art standards on a continuous basis.
- In 2014, eClinicalWorks acknowledged CHN with a Community Service Award based on healthcare technology efforts nationally.
- In 2014, CHN’s 11 sites received the Gold Star by New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene as preferred referral sites for teens.
- In 2014, CHN received an Award of Excellence in Community Care from the New York Citywide Colon Cancer Control Coalition (C5) to recognize our dedication to serving NYC’s low-income communities and commitment to colon cancer prevention.
- In 2013, the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene Bureau of Immunization (BOI), through its Special Mention list, acknowledged CHN as a provider with excellent immunization practices and one who reports well to the Citywide Immunization Registry (CIR).
- Since 2011, CHN has been a leader in the New York State Department of Health’s Medicaid Health Homes program.
- In 2010, CHN’s COBRA Case Management program was selected as a finalist of the Case in Point Platinum Award which recognizes case management excellence.
- In 2010, CHN received the NCQA Level 3 Physician Practice Connections ® – Patient-Centered Medical Home Recognition (PPC-PCMH™).
- In 2008 CHN received The Quality Management Infrastructure Development Award from the National Quality Center for our HIV Quality Improvement Program. The award honors those grantees, funded by the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Treatment Modernization Act of 2006, that have shown strong quality improvements over the last 12 months and are recognized as champions for quality management by their peers.
- In 2008, we completed the implementation of electronic health records at all of our health centers.
- In 2007 CHN received the Positive Leadership Award from the National Association of People with AIDS (NAPWA) for our unparalleled leadership and contributions to end the pandemic and human suffering caused by HIV/AIDS.
- In 2007 CHN received the Greatest Service to Disproportionately Impacted Communities Award for Community Healthcare Network’s integration of HIV counseling and testing with family planning services.
- CHN received the Joint Commission Accreditation Award in 2007 to recognize our dedication to complying with the Joint Commission’s state-of-the-art standards on a continuous basis.
- By 2006 all of CHN’s health centers received designation as a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) by The Bureau of Primary Health Care.
- In 2005 CHN received the Best Practices Model Award for our Women’s Supportive Services Case Management Program presented by The Department of Health visiting from Brazil.
- In 2004, CHN was one of the first providers in the nation to use the OraQuick rapid HIV test, which provides results in 20 minutes by testing oral fluid or a drop of blood.
- In 2004 two of CHN’s HIV support service programs were named as a “Model Program” and as a “Best Practice Model” by the New York State Department of Health AIDS Institute.
- In 2001 CHN joined the New York Presbyterian Healthcare System as an Affiliate Member.
- In 1991, CHN produced the first mobile health unit in the country offering full HIV medical services, prenatal care and family planning services.
- In 1984, CHN was the first family planning provider in New York State to offer prenatal care and professional social work services.